The Technet_nano project is structured in six work-packages (wp):
Project Management and Administration (WP 1)
The aims are to meet and maintain a high level of quality throughout the project, carry out Project Steering Committee (PSC) meetings for project steering and to organise the internal communication effectively.
WP leader: Horst-Günter Rubahn, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Communication and information (WP 2)
The aim is to broadly disseminate the project and its (interim-)results in an innovative and effective manner to the following target groups: potentially interested industry partners; potentially interested research centers and academia; tech transfer units; general public
- To inform the identified target groups about the activities and services provided by the Technet_nano network
- To create awareness and interest for the innovation potential in micro- and nanotechnologies in the Baltic Sea Region in the identified target groups
- To attract the interest of politicians by showing how the Technet_nano network activities support ongoing regional strategies
- To inform SMEs and R&D institutions about the innovation potentials of micro- and nanotechnologies offered by public high technology facilities.
WP leader: Sigitas Tamulevicius, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
Development of high quality services for SMEs fostering innovations through
micro- and nanotechnology (WP 3)
The WP aim is to develop high quality services for SMEs of Technet_nano partners which are complementary and scalable and accessible across borders in the Baltic Sea region.
- To identify and compare the detailed technological specialisations of the research institutions and their clean rooms, research competencies and education offers
- To map concrete joint offers of network partner universities for complementary and scalable clean room facilities, research services and education for different branches and regional needs
- To organise site visits of research staff of the clean rooms between the network partners for knowledge exchange and demonstration of specific scientific and technology competencies
- To identify scientific and organisational interfaces and quality standards for joint offers of the network partners
- To test transnational services by explicitly including about 5 SMEs.
WP leader: Rainer Adelung, Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel, Germany
Demand validation and promotion of high quality services for SMEs (WP 4)
The WP aims are
- To communicate the innovation potentials of micro- and nanotechnology to BSR industry and SMEs and to market the joint offers of the network partners for R&D and production
- To set up an industry board as multipliers and partners for continuous dialogue and validation of the Technet_nano service portfolio.
- To validate regional demand of SMEs based on pre-survey
- To integrate regional multipliers and distribution partners (e.g. technology transfer organisations, business development agencies, chambers of commerce, further associations) to develop a common marketing strategy for the network offers complementary to the partners’ strategies
- To develop effective communication and marketing material
- To carry out communication and marketing events targeting a BSR industry and especially SMEs (e.g. study visits with industry and researchers.
WP leader: Bartlomiej Plonka, Silesian Science and Technology Centre of Aviation Industry Ltd., Poland
Facilitating the collaboration of SMEs and Technet_nano network partners (WP 5)
The WP aim is to enable and facilitate the collaboration of SMEs and Technet_nano partners through exchange knowledge, site visits and competence demonstrations.
- To set up a concept for facilitating the collaboration between SMEs and Technet_nano partners
- To carry out thematic workshops between SMEs and network partners in the field of micro- and nanotechnology
- To organise site visits of staff from SMS in the clean rooms and research and development labs of the network partners for demonstration of potential increase of high technology level of SMEs by the use of clean room rooms and R&D labs
- To concretise potentials for transnational research projects between the network partners and SMEs in the BSR.
WP leader: Teresita Qvarnström, Acreo AB, Sweden
Organisation of the Technet_nano network (WP6)
The WP aim is to develop the economic and organisational durability of the Technet_nano network as strong and competitive service provider for innovations in the field of micro- and nanotechnology.
- To develop an organisational and business model with concrete business cases to finance and manage the cooperation of the research institutions and distribution partners
- To set up a joint secretariat on the basis of an organisational and business model which is responsible for the management of the cooperation network after the project end providing services to facilitate and foster a dynamic cooperation.
WP leader: James Hoyland, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark